Apply to be an ELS Peer Leader
The application to serve as an ELS Peer Leader from Fall of 2023 – Spring of 2024 is now open! Applications will remain open through March 19 at 11:59 PM, and interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.
ELS Peer Leaders are a select group of experienced student leaders who are passionate about serving as a resource for student engagement. ELS Peer Leaders serve as liaisons between professional staff in the ELS and the rest of the student body by exemplifying the benefits of getting engaged on campus, highlighting campus resources, and connecting students with student organizations, leadership and service opportunities.
ELS Peer Leaders play an important role in supporting students as they establish a sense of community and belonging here at UGA. From facilitating one-on-one Engagement Coaching sessions to assisting with the annual Engagement Fairs, ELS Peer Leaders have a unique opportunity to guide their peers in establishing their engagement pathway at UGA.
As an ELS Peer Leader, students can expect to learn more about their own leadership style and strengths. Students will explore various leadership models, and they will practice employing emotionally intelligent leadership in their peer coaching sessions. Additionally, students will develop interpersonal and professional skills that will transfer to future goals and aspirations beyond the ELS Peer Leader experience.
ELS Peer Leaders in the Fall 2023 Cohort will be asked to uphold the following time commitments:
- Hold 3 weekly office hours in the ELS to support with Engagement Coaching sessions, ELS tabling, or other ELS programs (Hours should be held between 8am – 8pm, Monday – Thursday, or 8am – 5pm Friday)
- Attend weekly ELS Peer Leader meetings in Fall 2023 (Thursday from 5:30pm – 7:00pm)
- Attend monthly ELS Peer Leader meetings in Spring 2024 (Thursday from 5:30pm – 7:00pm)
- Commit 2 hours a month to tabling and events to promote the ELS and Engagement Coaching
Additionally, ELS Peer Leaders will be asked to attend the following events:
- Fall 2023 ELS Peer Leader Retreat: August 19, 9am – 5pm
- Fall Engagement Fairs: August 29 and August 31, 5pm – 10:30pm
- Spring 2024 ELS Peer Leader Retreat: January 13, 12pm – 5pm
- Spring Engagement Fairs: January 23 and January 25, 5pm – 10:30pm
ELS Peer Leaders will be provided with a shared office space in the ELS where they can hold their office hours and host Engagement Coaching sessions.