New Organization Institute
The New Organization Institute (NOI) is a weekend retreat dedicated to student leaders who have a created a new student organization within the last year. NOI will provide access to resources and intentional training to assist in the viability and future success of new organizations.
This retreat is intended for leaders of newly registered student organizations which have been registered for the first time in either 2019-20 or 2020-21 OR organizations which have re-registered for the first time in several years. This program is not limited to chief officers; however, participants should hold a leadership role within their organization.
NOI will provide access to resources and intentional training to equip leaders of new student organizations for future success of their organizations. By participating in NOI, leaders of new student organizations will:
- Examine and articulate their own leadership philosophy
- Gain foundational training in various student organization processes
- Plan for the future success of their organization by developing a membership engagement plan and learning how to facilitate a 3-5 year organization plan
- Engage with a cohort of peers and University resources
- Be guaranteed space to table in major Involvement Fairs and Mini Involvement Fairs
NOI will take place in the Tate Student Center and MLC on January 29 and 30. Registration is free and includes dinner on Friday and lunch on Saturday. Free parking will also be available for participants.
Frequently Asked Questions
To register, please visit https:/bit.ly/ELSNOI. Registration will close on January 18, 2021.
We are committed to taking measures to help ensure the safety of the students and staff participating in this experience. These are some of the precautions we are taking:
- Masks will be required by staff facilitators and participants throughout the duration of the event.
- Meals will be in pre-packaged, labeled boxes to eliminate communal food sources.
- The capacity of this event has been limited to 20 students.
- Small group sizes have been limited to not exceed 10 people.
Yes! We want this experience to be accessible to all our students. If you need to participate in the program entirely virtually, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after you have registered.
The New Organization Institute has been scheduled across two days to give students the chance to form connections with their small group. Below you will find a brief schedule overview that gives more specific times of NOI:
Friday, January 29 (5:30-8:00 PM)
5:30 PM | Check-in & Boxed Dinner
6:00 PM | Welcome from ELS Staff
6:10 PM – 6:30 PM | Kick-off Leadership Speaker – Taylor Cain, Director of Engagement, Leadership, and Service
6:30 PM – 8:00 PM| Small Group Introductions & Meeting
Saturday, January 30 (10:00 AM-2:00 PM)
10:00 AM-12:00 PM | Overview of Resources
12:00-12:30 PM | Boxed Lunch
12:30-1:45 PM | Final Small Group Meeting
1:45-2:00 PM | Closing
To get the most out of NOI, it is important that you are present for all the sessions. As a result, you will be unable to participate in the New Organization Institute if you have a conflict with one of the sessions. Check back for information on future programming and workshops!