Register a Student Organization
Registration is an annual process. Registration as a student organization at the University of Georgia is a privilege and not a right, and entails responsibilities on the part of the student organization and its members. Registration signifies a willingness on the part of the student organization to comply with state law and the rules, regulations, and policies of the University and the Board of Regents.
The University’s review of a student organization’s registration is conducted on a content-neutral basis. Therefore, the University’s approval or denial of a registration filing is not based on the mission, goals, or beliefs of the student organization requesting registration.
- A student organization is a group of at least six (6) UGA students joined together for a common purpose. General membership may be comprised of both full- and part-time UGA students.
- At least two members must be officers.
- Only students who have paid their Student Activity Fee may serve as officers.
- Community members are not considered members of the organization and are not authorized to receive the benefits of membership in a registered student organization.
- While it is not required, it can be beneficial for student organizations to have one or more advisors, who may be University faculty or staff. Should a registered student organization select a community member to serve in an advisory role, it is understood by the organization that the community member will not be recognized by the University of Georgia.
The deadline to submit registration for the 2022-2023 academic year is May 31, 2022. Failure to submit registration by this deadline may result in the loss of privileges such as the ability to make campus reservations, promote events on campus, receive allocated funding, etc.
Organizations who have not submitted registration by May 31, 2022, will be made inactive on the Involvement Network. To reactivate your organization’s Involvement Network page and re-register for 2022-2023, please contact Engagement, Leadership, and Service (ELS) at 706-542-6396 or email@example.com.
Update Primary Contact
Only the Primary Contact (i.e., Chief Officer) listed on the Involvement Network may complete registration for their student organization. If you need to update your organization’s primary contact for the 2022-2023 academic year, the current Primary Contact may follow this guide or submit the Primary Contact Change Form on the Involvement Network (involve.uga.edu) prior to beginning the registration process. If submitting the Primary Contact Change Form, please allow ELS staff up to three business days to process your request.
Complete Online Training
Primary Contacts must also complete all mandatory training by watching four training videos and completing all corresponding quizzes with 100% correct answers prior to beginning the registration process. Registration will be denied for organizations whose Primary Contact has not completed the mandatory training modules with 100% correct answers. Training videos and quizzes can be found in the Training Library.
Gather & Update Information
Gather and update the information below to complete the annual registration form.
- Updated information about your organization (membership size, meeting time, financial commitment, etc.)
- Roster of at least six members and their UGA email addresses. Advisors do not count toward the minimum number of student members. Note: This information is used to populate the members eligible to make campus reservations on behalf of your organization.
- Advisor contact information (if applicable)
- Signed approval form for the use of University of Georgia trademarks and/or logos within organization name and/or profile picture (includes the use of UGA, University of Georgia, Dawgs, etc.)
- Updated organization constitution titled, “[Organization Name] Constitution 2022-2023.” A sample constitution is available here.
Submit the Re-registration Form
Once you are listed as the Primary Contact for your organization, re-registration can be accessed by following these steps.
- Visit the Involvement Network and sign in using your MyID at http://involve.uga.edu.
- Select the organization you would like to re-register from the “Memberships” section.
- Select the blue “Re-register this Organization” button.
Once your organization’s registration is submitted, ELS staff will review your submission and provide feedback via the Involvement Network. It takes our office 7-10 business days to review submissions due to the number of organizations re-registering.
All communication regarding registration status will be sent via the Involvement Network; therefore, it is highly encouraged that you log in to the Involvement Network to verify your registration status.
Frequently Asked Questions
May 31 is the initial submission deadline. Our staff will continue to work with you on any necessary changes in order to approve your registration for the 2022-23 academic year by the time reservations for academic space open in early July.
Organizations who do not complete re-registration will become inactive on the Involvement Network and will experience a loss of privileges, such as the ability to make campus reservations, promote events on campus, and receive allocated funding. May 31 is the priority deadline; however, re-registration will remain open throughout the summer.
We appreciate your patience as our staff diligently works to re-register the 800+ eligible organizations as quickly and accurately as possible. We will review your submission and provide feedback through the Involvement Network within 7-10 business days.
Only primary contacts of organizations can complete re-registration on behalf of their organization. Outgoing primary contacts have the ability to update the primary contact of the organization by managing their roster on the Involvement Network.
Please keep an eye on your email for an update on the status of your registration. You can also check the status of your submissions within the Involvement Network at any time by following these steps.
Yes, the Trademarks approval form has to be completed and signed by Trademarks on an annual basis as part of the re-registration process. Approval forms for the use of trademarks in an organization’s name and/or profile image must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval prior to uploading the signed copy to an organization’s re-registration. This includes “Georgia”, “UGA”, “University of Georgia”, “Bulldogs”, “Dawgs”, etc.
In order to update your registration, you will need to follow these steps:
- Go to involve.uga.edu and sign in
- Click your circular profile icon in the upper right-hand corner
- Click “Submissions”
- Click “Organization Registrations”
- Click the “eye” icon next to your registration submission to access your form.
- Click the blue “Resubmit” button to edit the form.
If you are the chief officer of more than one student organization, you do not need to retake the quizzes for each organization.
Unfortunately, you are unable to access a re-registration form that was previously submitted by another student; forms can only be edited by the individual who submitted them. As a reminder, only primary contacts of organizations should complete re-registration on behalf of their organization.
Our staff confirm officers and do a spot check on members but we have to look up students individually. As you can imagine with 800+ organizations eligible to re-register, we have a limited capacity to look up every student on a roster. You may find it more beneficial to remove members and start from a list of members you do know are active within the organization. We need at least six currently enrolled students on the roster but you could also send invitations in bulk after registration has been approved.
If you are having technical issues with the Involvement Network (uploading forms, managing roster, etc.), please contact Campus Labs Support and let them know you are using the “Engage” platform.
If you have any additional questions or need assistance with completing re-registration, please do not hesitate to reach out to Engagement, Leadership, and Service at 706-542-6396 or email@example.com.