About Leadership Summit
Leadership Summit is a weekend-long leadership retreat for students interested in having an immersive leadership development experience. The Summit will introduce students to key leadership concepts and the practical applications for every day life. This will be accomplished by utilizing large group sessions and placing students in small groups to process content and form more meaningful connections with peers.
Registration for the Spring 2021 Leadership Summit will open in mid-January on a first come first served basis. Leadership Summit will take place on February 12-13th. The program will be delivered in-person and in accordance with social distancing guidelines. Please contact Karis Hill with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Enrolled as a full-time student at UGA
- Current 2nd, 3rd, or 4th year undergraduate students or graduate/professional students
- Interested in enhancing leadership skills
- Available for the entirety of the Leadership Summit (Friday, Feb. 12, 6:30PM-8:30PM and Saturday, Feb. 13, 10:00AM-3:30PM )
As a result of participating in Leadership Summit, students will be able to:
- Examine their personal identities, articulate lived experiences, and understand how they impact their leadership practice
- Describe their leadership style by identifying values and reflecting on the role they play in a team setting
- Identify a change they would like to see in the world and create an action plan
- Form connections with peers and communicate with people outside their circle of influence
Frequently Asked Questions
To register for the Leadership Summit, use the button above to be taken to the registration site.
Leadership Summit is free of charge to student activity fee-paying students and includes a free CliftonStrengths assessment, Friday dinner, Saturday lunch, and more!
We are committed to taking measures to help ensure the safety of the students and staff participating in this experience. These are some of the precautions we are taking:
- Masks will be required by staff facilitators and participants throughout the duration of the event.
- Dinner on the 1st night will be in pre-packaged, labeled boxes to eliminate communal food sources.
- The capacity of this event has been limited to 40 students and all large group sessions will occur in Tate Grand Hall which has the capacity to seat 120 students with social distancing guidelines.
- Small group sizes have been limited to not exceed 10 people
Yes! We want this experience to be accessible to all our students. If you need to participate in the program entirely virtually, please email Karis Hill at email@example.com after you have registered.
To get the most out of Leadership Summit, it is important that you are present for all the sessions. As a result, you will be unable to participate in the Leadership Summit if you have a conflict with one of the sessions. Check back for information on future leadership programs!