There are numerous ways to be engaged on campus, and we want to help. Engagement Coaching is an opportunity to meet with an ELS Peer Leader to discuss different ways to be actively engaged and get connected with campus resources. Sign up for an individualized one-on-one session to help you find the best organization fit for you and learn more about UGA’s 800+ student organizations!
Benefits of Engagement:
- Getting involved eases the transition from high school to college, allowing students to feel connected to their school and reduce feelings of homesickness.
- Getting involved helps to meet like-minded people who have similar interests & helps students find their “place” on campus.
- Involved students are more likely to graduate and feel satisfied with their college experience.
- Involved students learn important life skills outside of the classroom, such as leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Students who are involved build leadership and teamwork skills that will aid them in future employment opportunities – involvement always looks good on a resume!
Sign Up for Coaching to Get Involved on Campus:
- Information about the University of Georgia’s 800+ student organizations
- Individualized and confidential 30-minute one-on-one sessions with ELS Peer Leaders to help you find the best organization fit for you
- Assistance with discovering your interests and passions
- Assistance in determining how much time you have to devote to being involved and what particular opportunities might be best for you
- Get connected and involved with student leaders and other resources across campus