About Serve UGA
Serve UGA is a student organization composed of an executive board; general members called Service Ambassadors; and approximately 40 student organizations that embrace advocacy, philanthropy, or hands-on service as one of their primary purposes.
Serve UGA’s Mission:
The mission of Serve UGA is to promote a culture of sustainable service among the student body by: fostering educational dialogue surrounding social issues; coordinating service events that engage students with the local Athens community; and serving as a resource to UGA student organizations that participate in service, education, and advocacy.
How does Serve UGA promote a culture of service on campus?
Serve UGA promotes a culture of service on campus by providing one-time and ongoing volunteer opportunities for students to make a positive impact in the local Athens-Clarke county community.
- One time-volunteer opportunities include: Dawg Day of Service, Interfaith Day of Service, and semesterly awareness events.
- Ongoing volunteering opportunities are available through Serve UGA’s Serve Athens initiative. Through Serve Athens, Serve UGA partners with a small number of local non-profit organizations for reoccurring volunteering opportunities. Transportation is provided for students who participate.
- To stay up to date on service opportunities offered across campus, join our listserv.
How can I get involved?
Serve UGA Service Ambassadors lead service experiences and serve as resources for their peers in order to make a positive impact on campus and in the community. Service Ambassadors meet weekly and serve year-long terms beginning in January and running through November. Applications for the 2022 cohort of ServeUGA Service Ambassadors will open in November of 2021.
How can my organization join?
If space is available during the fall semester, the executive board will extend an invitation to interested organizations to apply for membership in Serve UGA.
Membership in Serve UGA has many perks including: opportunities to collaborate with other service organizations on campus, marketing support for events through our listserv, access to an organization resource bank, access to resources in Engagement, Leadership, and Service, and direct advising support from the executive board and professional staff advisors.
- Aces for Athens
- Asha for Education
- Camp for a Cause at the University of Georgia
- Camp Kesem
- Campus Kitchen at UGA
- Circle K International at UGA
- CURE UGA
- Fight Against Youth Obesity (FAYO)
- First Book UGA
- Friends of Gospel Pilgrim
- Gamma Sigma Sigma
- Habitat for Humanity
- Health for Kids
- IMPACT Service Breaks
- In The Fight
- Inter-Belief Works
- Karma Coffee
- Lily Branch Audubon Society
- MEDLIFE at UGA
- PERIOD @ UGA
- Refugee Outreach UGA
- Serving Hearts and Diversity
- Special Olympics at UGA
- Student National Pharmaceutical Association
- Students for Latin@ Empowerment
- UGArden Club
- UGA HEROs
- UGA Miracle
- UGA Red Cross
- UGA Rotaract
- UGA Without Borders
- Uplifting Parents at UGA
- Whatever it Takes
- Wishmakers On Campus
Chaht Kumar, Co-Executive Director (Chaht.Kumar@uga.edu
Baily Reese, Co-Executive Director (Baily.Reese@uga.edu)
Aakash Arora, Co-Director of Networking (Aakash.Arora@uga.edu)
Sydney Nghiem, Director of Membership Development (Sydney.Nghiem@uga.edu)
Seeta Patel, Co-Director of Networking (email@example.com)
Nikita Shah, Director of Outreach (Nikita.Shah@uga.edu)
Claudia White, Director of Community Service (CMZWhite@uga.edu)
For general inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.